The sensory room is an area for a small group of children. The room itself has visual, audio and sensory experiences which encourage observation, investigation and exploration as well as being an area where children can express themselves with music.
The Sensory room has many benefits for all age groups within the nursery and these include;
- Supporting the development of communication
- Enhancing sensory skills, hand-eye co-ordination and cause and effect response
- Assisting the development of social and emotional skills
- Reduceing tension and increase relaxation
- Providing fun and enjoyment
- Improving levels of concentration, alertness, calmness & general awareness
The children have access to the sensory room throughout the day and staff ensure that a variety of learning opportunities are available to them.